Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Last Revision: Jan 24rd 2015
We, Blast Athletics ("Blast", "Company"), thank you for using our service for your sports technology needs.
These Terms of Service ("Terms", "TOS") govern our relationship with users and all who interact with Blast and any related, produced or shared content.
Blast is intended for use by residents in the United States of America and is governed by its laws. We do not guarantee this website is within compliance of the rules, policies and laws of any foreign entity. This policy applies to all visitors to and users of this site.
Consent and Terms of Service
Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is strictly prohibited. Blast has safeguards in place to prevent underage users. In the event that one is discovered, their account and all content will be deleted permanently.
Registration and Account Information
To ensure the best experience and accurate information, Blast requires that all users provide their real names and represent their actual selves.
- Users will not provide Blast with false personal information.
- Users will not create an account for anyone other than themselves.
- Users will only create on personal account and join their teams and communities from this one account.
- Convicted sex offenders are prohibited from using Blast.
- You will only join teams and communities as yourself, in the role you play within that team or community.
Your Content and Information
- Posting Content—Blast allows users to post content, including photos, videos, comments, articles, analysis, links, forms and other materials. Anything you post or make otherwise available, is referred to as ‘User Content’. Users retain all rights, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to Blast.
- User Content that is covered by intellectual property rights, ‘IP Content’, you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP Content that you post on Blast (IP License). The IP License ends when you delete your IP Content unless the IP Content has been shared and they have not deleted it.
- In order for a user to post content on any High School or College entity, they must first verify their cell phone number.
- Blast and its users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute any of your User Content that others have stored or shared throughout Blast.
- Deleted IP Content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time, but it will not be visible or available to others.
- IP Content published in a Public setting means you are allowing everyone, including people not logged into or associated with Blast, to access and use that information and associate it with your profile.
- Blast encourages you to provide feedback, both positive and negative. If you choose to submit ideas, comments or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you.
Proper Use and Safety
To protect the quality of content and the safety of our user’s Blast has imposed the following restrictions:
- You will not impersonate other athletes, coaches, administrators, media, parents, fans or any other users.
- You will not join teams in roles you do not serve.
- You will not knowingly enter false information, including games, stats, scores, updates and any other game or team related information.
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Blast.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Blast, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Blast.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use Blast to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Blast, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Blast functionality.
High School and College Administrator Authority
“School Content” is any content posted directly to a page pertaining to a certain High School or College, including but not limited to Game Pages, Team Pages, School Pages, Practice Pages and Event Pages. Blast has put certain security measures in place to enable swift removal inappropriate School Content at the High School and College levels. Users acknowledge that approved administrators are able to permanently delete any content posted to any school related page that they deem inappropriate. Each school is able to determine what they consider inappropriate and delete the School Content without explanation or notice.
- “School Administrators” are users who have an authoritative role within the school, the athletic department or individual teams.
- The initial School Administrator’s identity must be verified and set up by an employee of Blast. Verified School Administrators can add additional School Administrators within the school once they are verified.
- School Administrators are generally on one or more specific teams, for example the Varsity Baseball Head Coach. But, every School Administrator can delete School Content from any team, game or page representing that school. This does not include posts directly to a User’s own profile, or posts to other schools or teams.
- All Users are required to verify a cell phone number before they can upload “School Content”. This cell phone number is displayed to all approved school administrators.
- School Administrators can remove User’s from teams at their school.
Blast will do our best to protect the security of your content and account, but cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Report any unauthorized usage or compromised accounts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Data and SMS Fees
- While Blast provides free mobile service, be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees will apply. This includes but is not limited to data and SMS messaging.
- In the event you change your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information so that SMS communication is sent to the correct phone.
Blast may terminate or suspend your account at any time, with our without cause or notice to you. Upon termination, you are still bound to these Terms.
Removal of User Content by Blast
Blast reserves the right to delete any User Content we deem inappropriate in any way, without any explanation or notification.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to these Terms exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California or a state court located in Orange County, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of California will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Blast, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Blast and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Blast. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Blast. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Blast.
- WE TRY TO KEEP BLAST UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING BLAST AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT BLAST WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT BLAST WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. BLAST IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR BLAST, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR BLAST WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, BLAST'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.